miércoles, 5 de enero de 2011

el fin de una era de 1935 hasta 2010...


R

Rabari Magician

Today is the day that Dwayne’s Photo in Parsons, Kansas, the last lab on the planet to process Kodachrome, stops developing the iconic film forever. When Kodak stopped producing the film last year, they gave me the last roll. When I finished shooting the final frames, I hand-delivered it to Parsons. Here are a few of those last 36 frames.


Actor Robert De Niro in his screening room in Tribeca, NYC


Grand Central Terminal, New York, one of the most important and beloved architectural icons in the city

Kodachrome was my mainstay film, the film I used for 30 years.


Rabari Girl


Rabari Woman

I have about 800,000 Kodachrome transparencies in my archive. It was probably the greatest film ever made.


Turkish photographer Ara Guler, nicknamed “The Eye of Istanbul” is the dean of Turkish Photographers and a friend of the late Henri Cartier-Bresson


Amitabh Bachchan, the most prominent actor in the history of Indian cinema


Elliot Erwitt, Magnum Photographer, known for his wit and whimsical humor, photographed in his studio, Central Park West, NYC


I shot the final frame in a cemetery in Parsons, Kansas


Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world’s a sunny day, Oh yeah
- Paul Simon

tomado de
http://stevemccurry.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/the-end-of-an-era-1935-to-2010/

No hay comentarios.: